Attorney Vincent Coppola
HOW CAN I HELP YOU? 800-392-4529
Vincent concentrates his non-appellate practice in commercial litigation, where he is currently involved in several class action lawsuits brought on behalf of mutual fund investors and salaried employees.
- $1 million settlement – Medical Malpractice – stemming from patient’s emergency room death from an undiagnosed pulmonary embolism.
- Appellate Reversal — Obtained reversal on appeal in the Third Circuit reinstating a $750,000 verdict against Allstate Insurance Company in an insurance bad faith claim brought on behalf of an Allstate policyholder, in which Allstate refused to pay third party benefits to its insured following a motor vehicle accident in which the insured seriously injured a pedestrian.
- Appellate Reversal — Obtained reversal on appeal in the Third Circuit of a lower court dismissal of a 4th Amendment excessive force case that ultimately resulted in the highest settlement paid to date by the Pennsylvania State Police (amount undisclosed pursuant to settlement).
- Bennett v. Murphy, 274 F.3d 133 (3d Cir. 2001), 127 F.Supp. 2d 689 (W.D. Pa. 2000);
- Kost v. Kozakiewicz, 1 F.3d 176 (3d Cir. 1993);
- Derzack v. County of Allegheny, 173 F.R.D. 400 (W.D. Pa. 1996);
- Ford v. Johnson, 899 F.Supp. 227 (W.D. Pa. 1995);
- Lockwood v. City of Pittsburgh, 751 A.2d 1136 (Pa. 2000);
- In re Easly, 771 A.2d 849 (Pa. Commw. Ct. 2001);
- McKeesport Mun. Water Auth. v. McClosky, 690 A.2d 766 (Pa. Commw. Ct. 1997).
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Appellate Law
- Business Litigation
- Civil Trials and Arbitrations
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability and Defective Products
- Medical Malpractice
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Pribanic & Pribanic, 1996
- Pietragallo, Bosick & Gordon, 1991 – 1996
- U.S. Army JAG Corp, Captain, 1988 – 1991
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – 1987
- King’s College
- B.S. – 1984
- Pennsylvania, 1987
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1992
- UCC 2-708(2): A Sheep in Wolf’s Clothing?, 96 Dickinson Law Review 429, 1992
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Order of Barristers
- Appellate Court Competition: Champion, 1986
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Borough of Thornburg , Councilman
- Pleasant Valley High School Brd. of Ed., Member