Sherie grew up in West Mifflin, PA and currently lives in North Versailles with her husband and son. She earned her bachelors degree in Administration of Criminal Justice from the University of Pittsburgh in 1997. Sherie earned her Juris Doctorate from the Duquesne University School of Law in 2004 where she served two years on the Student Bar Association as well as serving one year as the Justice of Phi Alpha Delta, International Law Fraternity.
While attending Law School full-time in the evenings, Sherie continued to work full-time during the day as a Paralegal for Pribanic & Pribanic. She focused on plaintiff’s side of the bar which she finds most rewarding, seeking to advocate for individuals and families who had in some way been harmed.
Currently, her practice concentrates on civil litigation, with a particular emphasis in medical malpractice; while also specializing in wrongful death, products liability, nursing home negligence, and catastrophic motor vehicle accidents. She is a compassionate attorney who has a focused passion for helping infants and children who have been injured.
Over the years, Sherie has assisted in many medical malpractice civil jury trials, achieved numerous successful arbitration awards and mediation, and has successfully argued countless pretrial motions in Pennsylvania state court matters. She has been able to obtain several seven-figure and six-figure settlements on behalf of clients on medical negligence cases. Approximately ninety-three percent of her cases settle prior to trial.
- $8 million verdict – Wrongful death – bench trial
- $2.2 million verdict – Defamation / U-5 Defamation / Fraud / Intentional Interference with Contract (second chair)
- $1.175 million verdict – Automobile Defect / Product Liability / Defective Product – stemming from a defective brake system (second chair)
- $250,000 verdict – Medical Malpractice – stemming from medical negligence which caused compartment syndrome requiring a fasciotomy to release pressure and subsequent physical therapy (second chair)
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars 2014. Considered among the best in their profession, Rising Stars represent the top 2.5% of the practicing attorneys in Pennsylvania, age 40 or younger, or in practice for ten years or less.
- Cambridge Who’s Who, 2009-2010
- Phi Alpha Delta International Law Fraternity
- Pennsylvania, 2004
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2004
- Sherie has volunteered as the Treasurer for St. John’s Lutheran Evangelical Church in North Versailles since 2009 and also volunteers on their Finance Committee, Fellowship Committee, and is currently serving a two-year term as an elected member of their Council. Sherie previously served as a volunteer mentor for two years in the CLAAY program at the McKeesport Area High School.
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – 2004
- University of Pittsburgh
- B.A. – 1997
- Major: Administration of Criminal Justice
- Community College of Allegheny County – 1993
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Paralegal Studies
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Pribanic & Pribanic (1994 – 2004), Paralegal
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Duquesne Law Alumni Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association